We’re looking for an experienced and customer-focused IT Engineer to join our busy in-house team. You’ll provide first-, second- and third-line IT support to our customers, with the high levels of quality and service that they expect from Silver Cloud.
It’s a varied and challenging role. You’ll primarily be field-based – visiting customers’ sites to handle installation, maintenance and so on. The role also includes some desk work: responding to support requests in person, on the phone or by email. Our customers’ level of IT knowledge covers a very broad range.
You’ll need to be an excellent communicator, have good organisational skills, and take a methodical approach to your work, so that you can use troubleshooting techniques and logical thinking to resolve support requests.
The team is geographically dispersed, so you should be comfortable whether you’re working with colleagues or alone on your own initiative.
• Provide first-, second- and third-line IT support to our busy office and many customers (over 1,000).
• Help with the cabling and maintenance of existing IT and telecommunications networks, as well as user administration (e.g. setting up new users in Active Directory and Exchange).
• Provide user training and support for new customers and new members of the Silver Cloud team.
• Diagnose problems with Microsoft 365 and MS Office software, and with bespoke industry applications.
• Deliver outstanding customer service, remaining courteous and professional at all times.
• Take ownership of incidents, and manage them through to resolution.
• Carry out general departmental administration. This includes liaising with the Service Desk team, using our CRM software and asset database (ConnectWise), and handling purchasing, licensing and resource allocation management.
• Experience in a similar role (IT Support Analyst/Engineer/Technician). At least 3 – 5 years’ of overall IT engineer experience is preferred.
• Experience with Window Server.
• Experience with Microsoft Active Directory, DNS, Group Policy and basic scripting.
• Knowledge of network patching, switches, TCP/IP, VLANS and wireless installations.
Other beneficial experience:
• Knowledge of VMWare and storage systems.
• Understanding of Active Directory account administration, and maintenance of printers, projectors and interactive white boards.
• Experience with Linux.
Do you want to be a valued member of a fun team? If so send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org