ICT Helpdesk Technician
ICT Helpdesk Technician
Job Type: Full-time
We’re looking for an experienced, customer focused ICT Helpdesk Technician to join our busy team, providing high quality ICT support across our customer base. As an excellent communicator, you’ll be organised with a methodical approach to work, using effective troubleshooting methods to resolve calls. Working as part of a geographically dispersed team providing 1st line support, you will be used to working with colleagues as well as working alone using your own initiative; working under pressure; managing your own workload; and providing outstanding customer service to people with a broad spectrum of ICT knowledge whether it’s via the phone, email or in person.
This isn’t a purely desk-based position and the role will also involve working on customers sites from time to time doing project management and installation of IT equipment and maintenance.
The IT Support Analyst / Technician will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
- 1st and 2nd level support to a busy office and large customer base.
- Providing support in the cabling and maintenance of the existing IT and telecommunications networks, as well as user administration (e.g. setting up new users in Active Directory and Exchange). Delivering user training and support for new starters and customers when required.
- Providing problem diagnosis for Microsoft 365/ MS Office software and bespoke industry applications.
- Delivering outstanding customer service standards by answering all calls promptly, remaining courteous and professional, whilst taking ownership of and managing incidents through to resolution.
- Carrying out general departmental administration. This includes usage of CRM service desk software / asset database (ConnectWise), for the purposes of handling purchasing, licensing and resource allocation management.
- Previous experience in a similar IT Support Analyst / Engineer / Technician type role is essential.
- We would ideally be looking to take on someone who has around 1-3 years’ worth of overall IT support experience.
- Previous experience with Window Servers is essential.
- Previous experience with Microsoft Active Directory, DNS, Group Policy and basic scripting is essential.
- Applicants will be expected to possess knowledge of network patching, switches, TCP / IP, VLANS and wireless installations.
- Knowledge of VMWare and storage systems would be beneficial.
- Active Directory account administration; printer, projector and interactive white board maintenance.
- Previous Linux experience would be preferred.
Do you want to be a valued member of a fun team? If so send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org