Chief Technology Officer
Chief Technology Officer
A Chief Technology Officer who is ready to join our board of directors and help to shape our future
Silver Cloud is a dynamic company that is growing fast. We provide end-to-end business telecommunication solutions to clients of all sizes, and in all sectors, throughout Scotland and the UK. Because we are independent we work with all suppliers and providers, and can choose from the full range of equipment, software, maintenance services and support packages.
We have built our business on customer services and technical excellence, developing positive relationships built on respect, empathy and trust.
We are currently recruiting for a Chief Technology Officer (CTO) to join our board of directors.
Reporting to the Managing Director, your primary responsibility will be to provide leadership, guidance, management and technical expertise in everything that Silver Cloud does for our customers. That includes design, implementation, configuration and support.
We are looking for someone who can help to shape the platforms, products and services that we provide, while also developing the team. A key part of that is refining our processes to ensure that we delight our customers and inspire our own people.
You must have relevant experience of providing technical leadership at SME level, and have a proven ability to set out a vision and then implement it to produce real commercial results.
We always try to recruit the very best people, and offer attractive salary and benefits packages to match. We also support our employees’ development, and encourage them to learn new skills and gain professional qualifications.
Duties and responsibilities
- Contribute to delivering a range of high-quality, professional services which meet or exceed our customers’ needs.
- Lead and develop the IT operations and managed services team.
- Give technical assistance with the pre-sales and solutions sales processes.
- Contribute to the evaluation and on-boarding of new product sets into the company’s portfolio.
- Contribute to developing your own technical skills, and those of others through knowledge-sharing and mentorship.
You are experienced in the IT services industry. You might be a CTO, or a Technical Consultant who is ready to become a CTO. You also:
- Have a full driving licence, and are willing to travel to client locations as required to complete project requirements.
- Are certified in Microsoft Azure/365 disciplines, or have previous MCSA or MCSE certifications.
- Have experience of designing and documenting technical solutions.
- Know how to implement, configure, test and troubleshoot technical solutions.
- Know how to understand client needs and find ways to fulfill them.
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills, and can explain complex technical subjects to non-technical audiences.
- Have experience of developing tools, process and people.
- Have experience of evaluating and on-boarding new technology.
- Have management experience and proven leadership skills.
- Have outstanding technical ability.
Additional skills and experience
Your application will stand out if you:
- Have strong networking skills, to minimum of Associate level, demonstrated by certifications such as Cisco CCNA, Extreme ECS, Juniper JCNIA.
- Have strong relationships with appropriate vendors, such as Microsoft, Veeam, or Cisco for example.
- Have worked in a similar position within the IT Services industry for at least 5 years.
- Are a CompTIA Security+ Certified Security Professional.
- Have experience of the following:
- Microsoft Windows Server Operating Systems (2012, 2016 and 2019)
- Microsoft Active Directory
- Microsoft Azure Active Directory
- Microsoft ADFS
- Microsoft Azure IaaS
- Microsoft 365
- Microsoft Hyper-V
- HPE and Dell Server/Storage hardware
- VMware VCP, or a good understanding of VMware ESXi.
Working at Silver Cloud
When people visitors our offices, they often comment on the buzz and the feeling of energy. That’s exactly the culture that we’ve always tried to create. We sum it up in four values, and we use those values as the standard against which we measure everything we do.
We are proactive.
We’re always looking for new opportunities to help our clients, and to head off problems before they arise. We start by asking questions, so that we fully understand what each client needs before we even start to design a solution.
We are passionate.
We never run out of energy or enthusiasm. We’re obsessed with knowing all about the latest products, and finding ways to use them that will transform our customers’ communications.
We are professional.
We keep our promises. If we don’t know the answer to a question, we say so. We’ll do our homework, and come back with the information you need. We speak clearly, using plain language.
We are personable.
We do this work because we love it, and we never forget that our business is about people. A customer is not just a tick on a chart – we try to connect with everyone in a personal way.
Would you like to join us on our journey? If so send your CV to email@example.com