Saving you money if your router develops a fault
A router fault can be a serious problem – don’t risk it
If your broadband router stops working, you’re out of business until it’s fixed. And the costs can be considerable. Protect yourself from just £3.99 a month.
Our Broadband Protect service gives you a free replacement router if yours suffers a fault.
The service is free for the first month, and you’ll be automatically signed up, starting on 1st September. After that it costs just £3.99/month per connection. If you don’t want to use the service, please tell your usual Silver Cloud contact by 5th October.
Router faults can be a serious problem for all kinds of organisations. Whether you’re a business, a charity or in the public sector, without your usual internet access you’ll struggle to operate effectively. Our Broadband Protect service helps you in two ways.
A replacement router might typically cost £115, plus around £95 for installation. And BT Openreach, who manage the UK’s network of telephony wires, can add between £145 and £500 to your bill if they decide that the fault is intermittent or was caused by your internal network.
With Broadband Protect, you won’t have to pay any of those costs.
Please speak to your usual Silver Cloud contact to find out more.
Terms and conditions
1. replace your router the next day, if you report the fault to us before 1pm. Note that if the outage is temporary and caused by a software upgrade, this is not covered.
2. do standard configuration of the new router, remotely.
3. supply the same make and model of router if this is available. If not we will supply one with a similar specification.
4. replace Netgear,TP-Link and Zyxel routers for free.
You may have extra charges if…
1. you need more than four replacement routers in any 12-month period.
2. you damage the router yourself.
3. configuring your router requires unusually complex procedures, or a site visit.
4. your router is a Cisco model for voice services.
5. your router is not made by Netgear, TP-Link and Zyxel. Other makes carry a £50 surcharge.
60 seconds with Kevin Rowe, Client Sales Manager What attracted you to Silver Cloud? Having been in the Telco sector ...
How to create a working environment that encourages good mental health
Forty years ago, if you said that employers should ensure that their workplaces helped people to maintain good mental health, ...
60 seconds with Morag Murphy, Project Co-ordinator What attracted you to Silver Cloud? The people, the ethos and the technology. ...
BT will switch off part of the network: are you ready?
Maybe you’ve heard that in 2025, BT will stop using some parts of its network of phone lines. If you ...
Caitlin O’Connor, Service Desk Assistant at Silver Cloud What attracted you to Silver Cloud? I was a young ...
60 seconds with Adam Wilson, IT / Telecommunications Engineer What attracted you to Silver Cloud? I was looking for a field-based job, ...
60 seconds with Kirstie Nisbet, Service Desk Co-ordinator at Silver Cloud What attracted you to Silver Cloud? I wanted a change ...
Four predictions for 2021 from Matthew Warboys, Business Development Director at Gamma
2020 saw many changes to the way we live and work, and it will be interesting to see which of those ...
Home working: is it working?
We’ve seen many changes in 2020, in every sphere of life. Some of them may not actually affect our lives ...